Latin 3H (Period 2): We did not meet today. Check yesterday's post for your assignment.
Latin 1Acc (Period 3): Today we spent the class taking a quick look at the eruption of Mt. Etna (check the news) and going over all the grammar in this chapter. Make sure to study/review it!
1) Ch. 9 Test on FRIDAY
2) Q3 Extra credit due next FRIDAY-- for this, I want you to pick one of the 12 "Dii Consentes" and write me a 2 page, typed double spaced, paper all about their biography and myths associated with them. Also include why you chose that particular god/goddess.
Latin 2Acc (Period 5): Today we spent the class continuing to work on the Ch. 22 Grammar by doing more Magistrula exercises in the computer lab.
1) Ch. 22 Grammar/Culture Quiz on FRIDAY
2) Extra Credit Paper due MONDAY
*For this, write me a 1 page paper about a current article concerning Romans in Britain.
Latin 3H (Period 6): Today we took the Ch. 32 Culture Quiz. Then we continued working on Ch. 32 Grammar.
1) Quiz on "Esse" will be on WEDNESDAY
2) Extra Credit Paper due FRIDAY
*For this, I want you to pick a recipe from Apicius' cookbook (you can find translations of this online). Write me a 1-2 page paper in which you tell me the recipe and list all the ingredients. Then, look up where those ingredients would have come from in the ancient world.